St.Joseph’s Mercy Secondary School
A Supervised Study programme is available for all pupils attending St Joseph’s Mercy Navan.
The programme is based in the Phoenix Theatre from Monday to Friday each week during term beginning at 4.00 pm and ending at 6.15 pm.
Application forms and details of the fee payable are available from the Office.
There are significant advantages to participating in the Supervised Study programme including the following:
- Pupils who complete their homework regularly and thoroughly obtain higher grades in examinations
- The regular completion of homework and study during the year leads to less stress prior to examinations and less confrontation between pupils and teachers over incomplete or late work
In addition, the Supervised Study programme offers the following benefits:
- Study is carried out under strict conditions – pupils work individually and in silence
- Good study habits are established and maintained from the outset
- Homework is completed by 6.15 pm in most cases
- The evening is free for other activities and parents do not have to worry about supervising homework
- There is an opportunity for additional study if homework is completed in less than two hours
- Pupils in certificate examination classes can be encouraged to plan additional study periods at home during the evening