CAT4E Assessment Test for First Years
Saturday 28th January
Arrive at 9am collect at 12pm
10th January 2023.
Dear Parents / Guardians,
Firstly, I welcome your daughter to St. Joseph’s Mercy Secondary School. We are looking forward to a long, fruitful and happy relationship with you and your family.
The details of the CAT4E Assessments are as follows;
Saturday 28th January 9a.m. – 12 noon.
All students MUST attend to ensure a place in St Joseph’s.
There are three main parts to this test.
The CAT4E will test your daughter’s ability in understanding
- written text (words and relationships between words)
- shapes and diagrams
There is no need to be anxious or worried about this test. It merely helps the school to understand your daughters’ strengths and areas that are in need of development, and we use this information to ensure students get the required educational supports if necessary. Classes are mixed ability and the results of the assessment test do not determine class placement.
What to bring on the day?
- There will be a short break so please bring a snack.
- Students should bring a pencil and a pair of headphones to do the test. The headphone connection must be able to fit a Samsung tablet or a pc, similar to the old-style connection we are all probably used to.
- If your daughter has an Educational Psychological Report or any other relevant documentation re health etc., please bring it with you on the 28th January.
- If your daughter has access to an SNA in Primary School, please notify the school office of this.
- We also need a photocopy of your child’s Birth Certificate or Passport; this will be kept for her file and will not be returned to you.
Please note the second instalment of your school expenses is now due. Payment can be made online by going to www.mercynavan.ie and using the “Pay Now” with Easy Payments Plus button, located at bottom of that page. Alternatively, card payments can be made over the phone by dialling 046-9021830 and choosing Option 7.
Code of Behaviour
All relevant documentation for Parents and Students is available on our school website and parents are required to read and agree to the school’s Code of Behaviour for enrolment in St Joseph’s. Students and Parents will sign the Code of Behaviour in the journal in September.
We look forward to meeting you and your daughter on Saturday January 28th at 9a.m.
Ms. R. Meagher,